Monday, September 10, 2012

In good times & bad.....

I am so thankful for my husband, Simon.  He is so good to me.  8 years ago when we said our vows "in good times and in bad times, in sickness & in health...."  neither one of us knew the challenges that were ahead, especially the in sickness part.  The last few weeks have been very rough on both of us.  I haven't been feeling well at all, have extreme back bain, bloating in my abdomen, nausea and more.  Through all of it Simon has been right by my side, helping me with anything I may need.  Getting me food, doing the laundry, cleaning the house.....jobs that I have been to weak to do myself.  But most of all, being here to give me a hug when I need it or praying with me when I am worked up and my mind wanders down the "what if" path. 

So many times throughout this cancer journey I have cried out to God asking for Him to do a mighty work of healing in my body.  It seems that every time I ask for healing, God chooses to allow another trial, or bump in the road.  Many times I've asked God "why me" and many times I have told God that I've reached the limit of what I can handle--yet it's as if He keeps stretching me and saying "I will never give you more than you can handle". 

Faith is hard....it's hard when you are in the midst of a trial that you can't control.  When things are going fine, it's easy to say, yes, I have faith.  But when the real trials of life come and you have to rely on the Lord 100%--it's not as easy as it sounds.  At least not for me. 

I'm not sure what the future holds.  I don't know if the Lord is going to miraculously heal me.....or if He will choose to take me home.  either way, I know that HE loves me and His ways are not my ways.  So as you pray for me, please remember to pray for Simon too.  This hasn't been an easy road for him either.  We love you and thank you for your prayers on our behalf.

Sonya

Specific prayer request:
1) Swelling in my abdoment to go away
2)  Pain & nausea to go away
3)  Encouragment for Simon and I
4)  Radiation treatments to be successful

7 comments:

  1. Oh, dear friend. I am so sorry. I have been praying and will be praying even more diligently. So glad that our God will never leave you or forsake you; also glad that Simon is taking such good care of you. I don't know if you saw on our blog or not, but we just moved down to the East Bay; so I'm just a couple hours away from you now. Please let me know if I can help you. This week is crazy & next week I will be at my sister's; but after that, I would love to come see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonya, please let me know how Steve and I can help you and Simon. We are right next door. Please call on us for anything you need. We can walk the dog, bring you Vitamix shakes when we make ours, take out the garbage on garbage day, run errands etc. Call, text email - let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sonya! This is the ultimate test of any one person's endurance, of a marriage, of will. You and Simon are both absolutely amazing people. Please know that Ryan and I are here and can and will gladly help. Ryan's office is two minutes from your house and I can be there in ten. If I can stock you on groceries, run your errands or come fold your laundry, I will. Just let me know. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I know you may not remember me, but we were in the same prayer group in college. (It may have been your sophomore year) Tara Bussey is my maiden name.

    I just wanted to let you know I am and will continue to pray for you! Cancer has been too much a part of my own life in the past 3 years! I've had two family members diagnosed.

    We serve an awesome God and He is able to do above and beyond what we can imagine! Praying His peace for you tonight. And asking our awesome God for a mighty miracle for you!

    Tara (Bussey) Edens

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sonya,

    Just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you. I know that this has been a long struggle for you. At times, perhaps even more than what would seem possible to humanly bear. It is during those times that we learn to trust the very heart of God knowing that He sees our pain and will carry us through. Although we do not understand now, because it is a we see through a glass darkly, we can rest assured that God does have a purpose and will bring our testings to His good. Wren has kept me updated somewhat over the years, but I when I saw on fb that this is an especially rough time I wanted to send a personal note. I will pray that the God of all comfort will enfold you with His everlasting arms and that you will know His peace, tender mercies and His healing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sonya, back when we were young students, I never would have imagined God would take you through these trials. You are right in your post above when you said it is easier to have faith when things are going well. Your trials are close to my heart and I think and pray for you often throughout the day. I will pray for your healing. I love you!

    Katie Shuler

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sonya,
    You may not remember me, I was a friend of your family when you all would come to Apoka, FL. I have been and will keep praying for you. We have added you to our church's prayer list, here in KS. For those of us who have never faced what you are going through daily it may be hard for us to understand 100% but know that you are close in prayer. I know that you and Simon have a loving family to turn to, yet again know you are prayed for. May God give you the desires of your heart combined with His perfect will. The saying goes: Either God will calm the storm or He will calm you in the storm. I have lived this trough my trials and I know it is the same to all believers. ((hugs)) from an old(ish) :) friend. Ish. 40:31 ---Kimberly Coon McPherson,KS

    ReplyDelete