Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday, October 25th, 2010

Day 1 at Oasis of Hope in Tijuana, Mexico.  We arrived last night around 5:00, got settled into our room and then ate dinner.  We have met a few people who seem really nice and the staff seems kind as well.

After breakfast this morning I met with my doctor and they put together a protocol for my stay.  My treatments begin tomorrow.  The hospital and the staff are pretty laid back and seem to not be on too tight of a schedule.

Simon and I took a walk this afternoon.  We found a Starbucks, a KFC and a Carl's Jr. (just in case Simon needs his meat & coffee fix).

8 comments:

  1. Hey, my friend. Praying so much for you. Thanks so much for starting this; so we can pray more specifically!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you have a blog to write updates on. I'll be praying!! Best wishes for you and Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sonya,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you. You looked so serene and beautiful at the fashion show. I now understand why...you made a decision for another option and I support you. I will focus on you when I meditate.
    My best wishes to both you and Simon,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sonya,
    It's been such a long time old friend:) I heard of your recent news through Brian's family (they had talked with your mom when they were recently in Kansas City). We were so sorry to hear about it. I just wanted to let you know that we have been and will continue to pray for you throughout your journey.
    Brian is the camp director at our church camp here in Alaska, so "camp" is a frequent topic of conversation for us. We have started doing the counselor "hide and seek" game with the kids. I have retold the story of our amazing adventures of "hide and seek in the woods" so many times:) People get a kick out of our ability to "hide" right out in the open! Good times and good memories:)
    Praying for you.
    Josslyn Graham

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sonya, praying for you and Simon. Do you have a mailing address for mail?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just thinking about you. Hope your first day of treatment went well, Sonya. Thoughts and prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thought of you guys today a lot and then prayed for you. So happy to know that treatment has started. Praying.

    ReplyDelete